Deadline: 15 Dec 2017/15 Jan 2018 (annual)
Study in: USA
Course starts August 2018
The AU Emerging Global Leader Scholarship is targeted to high-achieving international students who wish to pursue a Bachelor’s Degree in the US and who are dedicated to positive civic and social change. It is intended for students who will be to returning home to improve under-resourced, underserved communities in his/her home country.
American University, Washington DC, USA
Level/Field(s) of study:
Any undergraduate study offered at the University
Number of Scholarships:
One (1) scholarship is available
The scholarships are targeted to international students from any country who are not U.S. citizens, U.S. permanent residents, or dual citizens of the U.S. and another country.
The AU EGL scholarship covers all billable AU expenses (full tuition, room and board). The scholarship does not cover non-billable expenses such as mandatory health insurance, books, airline tickets and miscellaneous expenses (approximately U.S. $4,000).
It is renewable for a total of four years of undergraduate study, based on continued satisfactory academic performance.
Preference will be given to:
- International students who have overcome various obstacles and challenges as well as those from diverse and underrepresented global and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- A minimum 3.8 GPA equivalent (or in the top 10% of graduating class) for 9th-12th grades.
- A demonstrated commitment to leadership, volunteerism, community service and to advancing the needs of people in their home country.
- A minimum 95 TOEFL iBT, 7.0 IELTS or 600 paper-based TOEFL
You are NOT eligible to apply if:
– You are a U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident, or dual citizen of the U.S. and another country.
– You are enrolled in or have already begun any post-secondary studies at another university in your home country or the United States.
To apply to the AU Emerging Global Leader Scholarship, you must complete the online scholarship application form and submit required supporting documents by 15 December 2017 or by 15 January 2018, at the latest.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) to access the application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: http://www.american.edu/admissions/international/egls.cfm